Monday, January 08, 2007

Wednesday, December 20 Home Sweet Home

Today is technically the day of my flight out of India, and because of the 13.5-hour time zone, it’s a 37.5-hour day. The cool part is that I reach Seattle just 12 hours after I leave Delhi (but really, there are over 24 hours of transit). Honestly, 24 hours is nothing once you’ve ridden Indian Railways as much as I have. The airplane is comfortable, has movies, has music, has toilet paper, is fast, and serves, and serves food and drink. It’s really nice in comparison. Well, that is, unless you fly British Airways, in which case I’d rather even be in Sleeper class on Indian Railways. I reached a foggy, foggy London at 8am, and have a five hour layover, so I was planning on exploring Heathrow Airport’s outskirts, like I did on the way over. Until they said it was 40 degrees outside. Appparently, British Airways makes anyone traveling through the UK (and all of their flights connect in the UK) do a second security check (even within the international terminal), and it’s a bit more stringent than India’s lax standards. Liquids are strictly prohibited, so I had to throw away the holy Ganges water I have been saving four months from Varanasi. Thanks, BA. Then, for some reason, each person is allowed only one carry-on bag (even though once you’re past security, you can have two). So, I had to spend an hour packing everything (including my laptop and backpack) into my carry-on suitcase, which I somehow managed to do, only after breaking the handle and almost causing the bag to burst at the seams. The British Airways ushers were idiots, telling me my carry-on was too big, what my stuff wouldn’t all fit, and that I should just check my bag “for a small fee of $200”. Somehow I managed to fit everything into one bag. Luckily security sucked because I had a bunch of [liquid] perfumes and a stack of illegal pirated DVDs I smuggled past them in my over-stuffed bag. I sat in the terminal for a while, watching the diverse crowd of people shuffle by. Everything was so expensive by my standards, so I went hungry until the flight to Seattle, which I spent sleeping. Nine hours later, I stepped onto American soil. I’m finally back in the United States of America. First, I got a drink at the [safe] water fountain, then admired the superior carpentry of the airport facility, and then lied to customs about having no foods (I had tea and spices) in my bags. I descended into the familiar baggage claim, where my Mom was waiting for me with a huge smile. We got my bags (we had to rent trolleys there was so much luggage) and we drove home. Unfortunately, it was kind of a buzzkill because we haven’t had power for five days; the whole Seattle area has been hit hard by the windstorms and wet weather in the past months. I may have to say it: I’d rather be in Delhi right now… I got to see Hershey finally, who was adorable and whose teeth were chattering because it was freezing in our house. So, my mom and brother have been staying in a hotel downtown, while my Dad has been stubbornly holding down the fort, much like a captain going down with his ship. I don’t get why he doesn’t just stay with us; in bed, he is using a sleeping bag under the covers of his normal bed, with a hat and gloves. Mom, Sam, and I went to Blue C Sushi, which was amazing. Then I went in the hot tub and wanted nothing more to relax and get over my jet-lag. My Indian adventure has officially come to a close. I personally had a blast. However, I can’t say that without also saying that I had an awful time. India is a crazy place; a land of extremes, and a sensory overload. There, I have seen the most beautiful things, along with the ugliest things I have seen. The smells that stick in my mind are urine, feces, fire, incense, and curry. I have tasted the worst food and tasted the best food of my life. I have heard bombs, a third of the world’s languages being spoken, and some of the best music on earth. I could even see myself living there, for the modern amenities and openness of its culture and government. I will return someday, but in the meantime there are so many other places I must see first. But I will return. For, I owe a little piece of who I am, to this enchanting land, called India.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://amoqylixow.bigheadhosting.net/lokypy.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://iqokoboge.freecities.com/baqozugu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started to get real income.
It gets down to select a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]