Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Thursday, September 21 Hellish Class




Class is so boring it’s borderline deadly. Veena Kukreja again sits in a desk in front of the class, reading word-for-word about militarism in Pakistan, while she keeps rubbing her eyes. I don’t think even she wants to be here. When we presented her paper topics, she didn’t seem to care at all what we picked or write about. She is hopelessly dumb. Next class period, Shanta Verma yells at students, “I want you to have already moved the desks by the time I get here, you’re wasting my class time”. Then, one of her quotes was: “Pirates, yes we still have pirates, and yes, they are a big problem”. I spent the entire time looking at the clock and drawing her. She wanted to arbitrarily change class (eight weeks into the term) to Friday instead. Luckily that didn’t happen. Aside from laughing at how bitchy she is, it’s excruciatingly boring. I officially hate Delhi University. I get so drained mentally and physically after enduring those four hours a week. You probably are making fun of me for complaining about going to class for four hours one day a week, but just try it yourself. I guarantee you will have wished your car crashed on the way to class instead. Since our only assignment is to write a 25-page paper (I say the world ‘only’, like I’m glad it’s 25 pages), going to class and taking notes is a complete waste of time. I say all the American political science kids need to get together to send representatives to class each week; one white guy, one white girl, one Indian guy, and I think that’ll be good enough. I came back and ate lunch at a nearby dhaba with Puran and Ro. Then I packed up my stuff for the upcoming weekend in Udaipur.

No comments: