Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wednesday, November 15 Hungry, Karim's Hotel

I woke up and did some errands. Then I went to lunch at Khana Unlimited after fasting for 48 hours. Why I do these fasts? I have an eating disorder. No, but seriously, it’s because people here have so little that I should be compassionate to what they’re feeling. No, but seriously, it’s because I’m really sick, and by not eating all the stuff in my system will get flushed out a lot faster this way. (By the way, only the last reason is true). So at Khana Unlimited I pretty much put them out of business I ate so much. After that, I attended Hindi, which was mind-numbing. Then I went online, etc, and went with Alix to dinner at Karim’s Hotel near Jami Masjid. Karim’s has been a Delhi Institution since 1913, and it is rated as having the best North Indian food [in the world]. This is because the chef is descended from the cook of the Mughal court. It didn’t disappoint. All it has is basically meat, rice, and roti. I got chicken tikka and chicken rumali rolls, both of which were superb. They melted in my mouth, and were greasy, buttery, and spicy. It’s easily the best tandoori food I’ve ever had. The naan was also outstanding; it was virtually weightless, tasted like a biscuit, and was soft, chewy, and buttery. After the meal, we got khir for dessert, which was chilled and tasted amazing after all that heavy meaty food. It was a mouth orgasm, but a stomach beating.

No comments: