Sunday, October 29, 2006

Friday, October 20 Ranthambore Wildlife Safari, Sick

Although I was in a state of misery and pain, I dragged myself out of bed at 5 am for the wildlife safari at Ranthambore Tiger Park in Rajasthan. It was windy and cold, but not unbearable. The park was really dense surprisingly, with thorny and banyan trees. We had to wait at the gate, where hawkers tried selling khaki safari shirts and hats. We drove around in our own small Jeep, and saw a bunch of wildlife, including human-like langur monkeys really close-up, white egrets, colorful kingfishers, sambar deer, and spotted elk. We never ended up seeing no tigers, though. We saw it’s droppings and footprints, though. Apparently spotting a tiger is the exception, rather than the rule. After the first safari, I did nothing but slept and watched TV all day. I had really bad stomach problems, a really high fever, chills, and a splitting headache. Thank goodness we were staying in nice places. It was also nice to have my parents to take care of me while sick. I now doubt that I have Dengue Fever because of the stomach thing, which I’m glad for. I think after eating such clean food with my parents, once I started eating street food again, my immunity was gone. My parents went on an evening safari and saw tons of deer, wild boar, and a tiger. Ugh. Of course. The one time I decide not to go, I miss out completely. We watched TV together, and had some dinner, but everything tasted horrible and it was work to try and force-feed myself. Fun day.

No comments: