Saturday, December 02, 2006

Monday, November 27 Calling Out A Crazy Man

I woke up and worked on my paper, before going to lunch at Fiesta with Tara, Snehal, and Puran, and then the second-to-last Hindi class I’ll ever have to take. It’s like dead week back at home; well, actually, it is dead week back home. After class, I went with Alix to Tanzeb the tailor, for my rough fitting. It was a little tight, and if I’m actually skinnier now, I’m going to need it to be a little looser. After that, we took a rickshaw through the dark wide streets of New Delhi to the Andhra Pradesh Bhawan, for dinner. It was unlimited South Indian thali, and probably the best South Indian I’ve ever had. We came back to the house to find out that the electricity bill was only Rs 625, compared with Rs 1500 last month (which we weren’t even here for half of). Since he lied to all of us and said he wasn’t here, but obviously was for the bill to be so high last month, we were pissed. For this, we confronted Nikhil, which is why we generated a document called “Nikhil Mathur we caught you”, and posted it on the desktop of all the computers in the study center. Everyone thought we were really mean, but they obviously have no idea. Considering I have to hide all my important papers and sleep with my clothes and money belt on, I don’t really feel bad calling him out. We all grabbed one of Puran’s flutes and turned on the video camera, and entered my room to corner him. We confronted him, and brought up all these things, and he just sat there, saying, “You have a human right to think what you want, but I don’t see anything wrong with my actions”. Ro told him he’s a bigot, psycho, and liar, which was absolutely hilarious, and true. When arguing about the meter, he replied, “You should have checked the all the wires for the Jain’s meter”. Yeah, we checked EVERY wire, Nikhil. He didn’t deny any of our accusations, he just basically shrugged, which obviously means all the accusations are true. I actually must entertain the idea that he’s so psycho that he might actually think that he’s completely right and everyone else is crazy. I (since this whole time we’ve been on speaking terms) just pretended to act really hurt and offended. He told us to leave the room, but I just awkwardly stayed there and didn’t say anything. Then I moved my mattress and possessions of value into Ro and Puran’s room so that I won’t have to sleep next to him (who knows what he’ll do when I’m unconscious?). We all watched the video again, which was hilarious.

No comments: