Saturday, December 02, 2006

Saturday, December 2 Packing, Shrikhandes

I spent the morning packing, rearranging, packing, and more rearranging. I managed to get everything into three bags, leaving one suitcase exclusively for my three suits I have being made as we speak. It took so much work to pack and fit everything in my bags. I like to refer to my bags as pieces of art. I feel like they will explode when I try to open them. Good luck if customs tries to go through them, which they will because one has flasks and lots of liquids including Ganges water and toiletries. They are both 72 pounds, and the limit is 70 pounds for British airways, so hopefully they won’t make a fuss. I went to Palika Bazaar to get some dress shoes, a coffee-table picture book on India, and belts. Then I ate lunch and got a Civil Lines taxi to take me to the Shrikhande’s house in Chanakyapuri. They are really nice to let me store my stuff in their house during my trip to the South. I spent the rest of the day at their house, doing work on my computer, running errands in Khan Market, and eating dinner with them. It was really nice of them.

No comments: