Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Thursday, July 27 Bad Larium trip, Ffad nightclub

I had my first bad experience on Larium (my malarial medication). I was dreaming that there was a Sig Ep rush poster, with a highlighter floating in the air going over the poster, somehow erasing what I wrote, with creepy music to accompany, also. How this is scary I don’t know, but it somehow had such a negative impact on me that I had to use a water bottle because I was too scared to get up and walk five feet to the toilet. I woke up and finished reading The World Is Flat. The author Friedman glorifies technology a lot and is saying that it is leveling the playing field globally. Basically, China, India, and Russia are the next superpowers, if the US doesn’t learn how to adjust to this new global age of outsourcing. I learned that at any one given time, 2% of the world’s GDP is in the custody of UPS. I went to lunch for three hours, and then took a nap for three hours. Then I woke up for the last free supper at YWCA. It was Indian food. It was really good, and I repeat, free, hence my gluttonous consumption of seven plates of food, two khir desserts, two liters of bottled water, and a mango shake. After the meal I couldn’t stand up or lie down…only sit upright, while my pregnant belly sagging. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have stretch marks by tomorrow morning. After that basically everyone went out and we all took rickshaws to Greater Kailash II, to a club that didn’t exist and then to the first other club we saw, called ‘ffad’. How you pronounce that I don’t know. It was a nightmare getting there because the drivers didn’t know where they were going, and they overcharged us, but we had to pay, for fear of getting brutally attacked and robbed. The club was awesome. For 400R, I bought a PITCHER of Long Island Iced Tea! And finished it myself, but it didn’t even get me drunk; probably because I ate seven plates of food for dinner. We basically took over the entire place and danced the night away to techno, Bhangra, and hip-hop. It was really fun, and the last time everyone will be hanging out together maybe ever. That’s not a sad fact, don’t worry.

No comments: