Thursday, August 24, 2006

Wednesday, August 23 Current Events, Awkward Party

I guess Paris Hilton has now at least done something to earn her fame; she just released a new album. Her thoughts are: “I, like, cry when I listen to it, it’s so good”. So along with that, she also claims to have copyrighted the term, “That’s Hot”. God I hate Paris Hilton. In other headlines, it’s a Muslim Armageddon-type day today, so there were threats of Iran bombing Israel. Also, Bush claims that Iraq is “straining the psyche of our country” and that "there's a lot of people saying `withdraw now.' They're absolutely wrong....We're not leaving, so long as I'm the president. That would be a huge mistake." This is actually infuriating. I’m sorry, but your track record is a joke. Let’s see, shall we? Bush’s approval rating has slumped to an all-time low (37%), Iraq is still in shambles and civil war, democracy has not been instituted anywhere in the Middle East, 2,600 Americans and 45,000 Iraqi civilians have died thus far, extremists have grown stronger, Iran has developed nuclear capabilities, Israel has created hostile neighbors everywhere around it, anti-American resentment in the Middle East is the highest it has ever been, and oil and gas prices have skyrocketed. And that’s just the Middle East problem. The Bush Administration has not even addressed issues that face Americans every day; say, healthcare, education, or the economy. And while abroad I hate admitting I’m from the United States, even though I love my country. Today I spent updating my blog and now Facebook has introduced “Notes”, which sync my blog on blogger to my Facebook directly and automatically. It’s awesome, and I am probably the only person who actually utilizes every feature Facebook offers. After that I ate at Fiesta (fancy that), and then went to Hindi class. Afterwards, I went out in the sweltering heat (it’s not sunny but it’s 100% humidity and about to rain) to Connaught Place. I bought some more jeans (I can actually wear these comfortably in public), and I had to get them tailored. I almost want to get them to tailor acid-wash jeans overalls. Oh, the possibilities are endless! I ate a huge meal at a South Indian restaurant, and then I walked around Palika Bazaar, where I got an mp3 CD with all the Hindi music I could possibly want. I got ready and went out in my denim shirt embroidered with parrots to Mora’s birthday surprise party, of which Ajay ruined the surprise already. It was really awkward; about two people were wasted, Bottle’s friends were there for some reason, it was sweltering, and others (including me) just wanted an excuse to leave, so I offered to walk home the girls (who were getting speakers for a dance party at our house), and I conveniently never came back.

No comments: