Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 Sick, UCSB's Rankings




I spent today sick in bed. I unpacked my things, wrote in my journal, and did laundry. A bunch of people are working at NGOs, which seem only slightly fulfilling. Brianna is writing a textbook on environmental law, the girls are working 3 days a week for a women’s rights group, Tara and Snehal are working in a school, and Christina is teaching English (it might help if she actually spoke English, though). I was thinking about symbols exclusively found in India. Sony and Nike labels are painted onto cars and luggage, swastikas adorn walls of temples and houses, Stars of David on Muslim temples. I didn’t eat all day, trying to flush out all the bad germs in my body and recover quickly. I tried buying bananas, but the man selling them on a cart charged 5 Rs per banana, which is more than you’d pay in the US. I was stalking people on AIM and reading their away messages as usual, and I read this fact on Kaitlin Lester’s profile: According to an article in the newspaper: "The Princeton Review quizzed 115,000 students about 361 U.S. colleges and reached this conclusion: UC Santa Barbara was voted the No.10 party school and ranked No.14 in liquor consumption, No.14 in marijuana usage and, not surprisingly, No.358 in hours spent studying (third worst in the nation in the last category)." Oh UCSB, I love my school. Good thing my parents are paying out-of-state tuition for this enriching college experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willkommen und Hallo im Erotikchat.



Der Erotikchat gibt ihnen eine Alternative heisse busen und natürlich vieles mehr,unter anderem Flirt und Sextalk
Hier in unsrem Erotikchat findest du heisse busen Live Dates
Du suchst erotische Rollenspiele , dann bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,worauf wartest du?
Heiße Live Chats geile fotzen de ,schnell anmelden .
Suchst du jemand aus Neuenburg, oder aus Onex, oder in Basel-Landschaft , oder von Pratteln, oder aus Mödling? Mit Sicherheit kein Problem.!