Monday, July 10, 2006

Monday, July 10, 2006 Ode to a Snickers Bar

I called Mom because it’s her birthday back home, and I had to buy other random stuff to break 100R. So I bought a Snickers Bar and ate it. As I bit into the creamy nutty caramelly chocolate rays of light came from the sky…aaaahhh. They teach in Global Studies how globalization is a bad thing; that Snickers bar is the strongest argument for globalization you can make; I should just write term papers with Snickers bars imbedded in them and I’ll always get an A. Class is getting boring and monotonous and the work is now piling up. Every day I always think how glad I am that it’s Hindi I’m learning. It would SUCK if I had to learn English. Not only is English the language of finance, technology, science, the internet, business, politics, arts, 50% of the world, but it’s also hard. This means you HAVE to learn English and you HAVE to be successful at learning it, especially in India. You can get by without knowing Hindi. I had lunch and wrote in the journal and went online for hours. Sadly, I look forward to Mondays because I allow myself hours of internet time after the usually busy weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy you didn't die on the train that blew up.

Anonymous said...

guess who?

Anonymous said...

the guess who is from the same person as the happiness of you not dying.