Friday, July 21, 2006

Wednesday, July 19 Sick...again

Went to class and claimed the Dev Dar couch…again. Because I’m sick…again. I give up. This place SUCKS. I have gotten sick every single week here. I don’t eat raw fruits or vegetables, I only drink bottled water I buy, I brush my teeth with bottled water, I close my mouth while showering, and I only buy food from clean places. In other words, I’m not eating of the things I usually eat that could get you sick. Yet I continue to perpetually be sick. Right now I have a sore throat, fever, and upset stomach. I officially have no immune system. I spent the entire day on the couch, and watched Kill Bill and Aladdin before spending the night on the couch, also. Dev Dar food makes everyone sick (their kitchen is disgusting and there are mice), and we’re supposed to have a party with the teachers Friday but they don’t want to come if we’re having Dev Dar food. Then, my room in Oakland smells like mold and everything is mildewy and doesn’t dry. I’m actually being poisoned. Alix said her camera said “Condensation error”, my Rainbows molded over, and part of the ceiling is black with mold. And I have become a Mountain Man. When I come back to the US I’m going to have dreads, not have showered in weeks, have a fu man chu moustache, and smell like dirt. In short, Dev Dar food is making me sick, thus exacerbated by the conditions in Oakland. Plus, it’s boring and isolated. I didn’t come to India for either of those qualities. I am wasting my summer here. I can’t wait to leave this hole.

No comments: