Saturday, July 15, 2006

Tuesday, July 11 Motivation for learning Hindi

I read that the top 4 languages by number of speakers go: Mandarin, English, Hindi, and Spanish. If I actually learn Hindi somewhat well, then I’ll have 3 of the 4 covered, which is a huge percentage (like 1/3) of the world. Chinese is too hard to start learning now, and I have way too much competition with native Mandarin-speakers as is. This motivated me to start studying harder in Hindi (actually just in my mind…in practice I’m just lazy and don’t do anything). I wrote some postcards to family and members of the Sig Ep summer diaspora. I couldn’t send anything to people who neglected to post their address on facebook. I’m getting homesick again. I think because I’m just bored here and there’s nothing to do except dwell on the subject.

No comments: