Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Tuesday, July 4 Sick all day long

I walked my sick self over to Dev Dar to go eat some toast (one slice of bread was all I could take). The walk alone was miserable and took twice as long as usual. Erin Eve gave me some Ibuprofen for my fever. Then I drank a lot of water and lay in her bed all day. I came out once for dinner. And I didn’t even eat dinner. I slept all day and listened to my iPod. So in the same day I had chills and hot flashes, a sight hangover, massive fever, no energy, diarrhea (actually liquid) eleven times, a banana and slice of toast, six liters of Bisleri water, a lot of drugs (2 tablets of Cipro (strong antibiotic), 2 Pepto tablets, 12 Ibuprofens, a multivitamin, Larium for malaria, and calcium supplement). The reason I couldn’t go back to my room was because there was no water to flush the toilet, no food, and no purified water. In short, it was the most fun day of all. SHOWER ME WITH PITY!!! haha jk. It’s Fourth of July, too, so Luke was setting off fireworks, which sounded like a bomb, making me jump every time. Hmmm…Indian fireworks…that’s a good idea…They probably fill them gunpowder and sand and just explode however they feel like it. It was kind of ironic that I get the worst case of traveler’s illness on the most American day. I don’t think India wants me here. Besides today and last night I’m having a good time here, but I can’t wait to get back to Delhi. That’s a sentence I’ve definitely never heard before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o T. Rapp, I almost wrote how sorry i was that you didn't get to celebrate 4th of July...and then i remembered it is AMERICA'S independence day, haha, must've had something knocked loose in my head or something(wink wink) haha. i hope there is some india holiday during the summer so you can get as blacked out and shitfaced as we all did here!!! love you lots and lots...and take of that damn wig and tight pants...PLEASE.

Anonymous said...

aww...im sorry you're sick. you know if i was with you i wouldnt leave your side (only if i had to) just so i could take care of you!! bumms. hope you feel better...i love reading what is going on in your life. miss you dearly!
-Tot