Monday, July 10, 2006

Wednesday, July 6, 2006 Recovery Day

I woke up still sick. I love that. I took more Cipro and although it sounded like a cat was purring from inside my intestines all class, my stomach thing went away for the most part. I still didn’t eat any Indian food, though; all those spices wouldn’t be good for the weak stomach. I did some internetting, and then I watched Lagaan, The Mighty Ducks of Bollywood films, which was entertaining although it was four hours long and entirely about cricket (which I know entirely nothing about). It was uplifting, as it should be, because many Indians go to Bollywood films to live vicariously through idealistic characters, for a few hours escaping the plight of their everyday lives. I planned my trip for this weekend to Haridwar and possibly Rishikesh, but everyone seems to be going to the latter, so that’s annoying. I almost don’t want to go with anyone; that way I can just do whatever I want whenever I want.

No comments: